The first month of the new year is almost over and with many of your resolutions possibly long forgotten, we have a lesson to help reinvigorate your determination. In this lesson you will learn how to state your resolutions in Irish. You’ll also hear the fire in Antaine’s house that messes with the sound and Jarlath seemingly forgetting his own name from the outset.
Dea-rún na bliana úire 2013
New Year Resolutions for 2013
Intention, resolution, secret, loved one, dear friend
e.g. faoi rún = in confidence, a rún mo chroí = my darling
Good or well e.g. dea-chroi = good hearted
Tá mé chun… I’m going…
- níos lú a ithe to eat less
- níos lú a ól drink less
- méachan a chailliúint lose weight
- an Ghaeilge a fhoghlaim to learn Irish
- níos mó Gaeilge a labhairt to speak more Irish
- bia sláintiúil a ithe to eat healthy food
- níos mó aclaíochta a dhéanamh to do more exercise
- post buan a fháil to get a permanent job
- tacaíocht a thabhairt do ‘Bhliain na Gaeilge 2013’ Support ‘Bliain na Gaeilge 2013’
Rachaidh mé go dtí an tsólann níos minice.
I will go to the leisure centre more often.
Phrase of the Week:
Déan mórán agus can beagán. Actions speaks louder than words
Go n-éirí a t-adh libh uilig! Good luck to you all!
Right click on link and select ‘Save Target as’ (or ‘Save Link as’ depending on your browser software) to download the mp3 file directly.